Welcome to ‘Colne Valley Junior Section'
Colne Valley Junior Section was formed in 1999, with membership increasing every year. We are proud to report that we were the first golf club in Essex to achieve junior golf mark accreditation for our continued dedication and support with our Juniors.
GolfMark evaluates golf clubs on the following three areas within their junior section:
- Coaching & Playing
- Club Environment
- Child Protection & Duty of Care
Our Aims in the Junior Section are:
- To promote the Game of Golf at Colne Valley Golf Club
- To encourage our Junior Members to achieve their full golfing potential
- To develop and encourage Juniors to play Inter Club and County Events
- To promote Colne Valley Juniors who show the right attitude, behaviour and ability, and to encourage Junior Golf Development
At Colne Valley Golf Club we work with young golfers to steadily improve their golf. Membership starts with our Colne Valley Tigers. This is our beginners club, and with the dedication of our Professional, we teach the basics of the game of golf together with golfing etiquette and rules. Juniors then progress to:
- 5 Day Junior - You can play on the course any time Monday to Friday PLUS weekends after midday, and also play in Junior Competitions. You will be working to get your first Club Handicap.
- 7 Day Competition Junior and 7 Day Intermediate - Once you have achieved a CONGU Handicap (the official handicap recognised by the English Golf Union) you will be invited to play with the Adult Section of the Club. Now you will be able to play at any time on the golf course and in all competitions.
To find out more contact the office or download our membership pack.